Cheap healthy recipes are there in a great variety, including soups. One soup recipe is called Chicken and Spinach Soup with Fresh Pesto. It is a soup with fragrant, Italian flavor. Well, of course, this soup contains healthy nutrition that is good our body too. Let’s learn to make it here.
The Ingredients You Need to Prepare
It is one of healthy cheap recipes worth to consider. The ingredients are not that much to prepare and are easy to find just anywhere. Let’s see them here.
- 2 teaspoons and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of carrot
- 8 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 minced large clove garlic
- 5 cups of reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons of dried marjoram
- 6 ounces of coarsely chopped, baby spinach
- 15-ounce can of cannellini beans
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup of fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
Now then, those are all the things you need to prepare for this kind of cheap healthy recipes. They are not many expensive ingredients to buy. That is why it is considered to be the kind of healthy and cheap recipes to try.
The Steps You Need to Follow
If you are ready with your ingredients, it is the time for you to start making them into a delicious Chicken and Spinach Soup with Fresh Pesto. Pay attention to each step to make this kind of easy cheap healthy recipes. Let’s get started then.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large saucepan
- Cook the carrot and the chicken that has been cut into quarters
- Turn and stir them for around 3 to 4 minutes
- Add garlic and cook them for 1 more minute
- Mix in the broth and marjoram till it boils over high heat
- Reduce the heat and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes
- Take all the chicken pieces from the saucepan to cool them down
- Add the spinach and beans and let it boils gently for 5 minutes
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oil, parmesan, basil, and water in a food processor to make a paste
- Cut the chicken pieces smaller and add it again together with the pesto to the saucepan
- Season with pepper and hit it until hot
There you go. Those are the steps you need to follow to make this kind of cheap healthy dinner recipes. With those ingredients, you can make up to 5 servings in which each is as much as 1 ½ cup and is just under $3 in price. Isn’t it nice-to-try kind of cheap healthy recipes?
Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.